Certificate for $500 first mortgage 6%
convertible gold coupon bond in this oil companyr, dated 1st September
1917. The company was incorporated on November 23rd 1864. Vignette of eagle
carrying black diamond shaped tablet with company's initials. Ornate blue
border. Actual handwritten signature of C Marshall, company president.
The company was one of a syndicate of
nine formed to exploit the petroleum resources in Clarion County, PA.
Certificate size is 36 cm
high x 24 cm wide. It will be mounted
in a mahogany frame, with gold inlay, size 45 cm high x 35 cm wide.